www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From wr...@apache.org
Subject Re: config/9374: Image size Restriction
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 07:38:15 GMT

Synopsis: Image size Restriction

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: wrowe
State-Changed-When: Fri Jan  4 23:38:15 PST 2002
State-Changed-Why:
Pretty scanty detail of what Apache version you are trying.  We are
developing the 2.0.30 release, forthcoming.  The last release was .28,
so I will guess you are there.  Several known bugs in Win9x ports, and
several that haven't been debugged just yet (may be fixed in .30, and
then again, may not.)

We don't have many Win9x hackers contributing to the project, and much
of the Windows hackers' efforts have been in optimizing the Windows NT port.
Sorry, but that is the nature of open source development, and we always
entertain patches that resolve bugs when users identify the invalid source
code and come up with a fix.

Anyways, there are several patches to 2.0.30 that already solve some
very detailed bug reports for Windows 9x, and more being researched,
so please try out version .30 when it's released, and continue to use
Apache 1.3.22 on Windows 9x for production.

Thanks for participating in the Apache 2.0 Beta!