www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dan <daniel.armbr...@mayo.edu>
Subject general/9367: Apache goes into infinite loop in startup
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:07:34 GMT

>Number:         9367
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache goes into infinite loop in startup
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I don't know if this should be reported here (please redirect me if its the wrong place),
but here goes:

When I deploy a Tomcat webapp through apache that was not in tomcats default location for
serving webapps, apache seems to have two problems.  It will not use an absolute path name
- this fails:

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy manager warpConnection /manager
    WebAppDeploy /home/armbrust/webapps/test warpConnection /test
</IfModule>

while this works:

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy manager warpConnection /manager
    WebAppDeploy /../../../home/armbrust/webapps/test warpConnection /test
</IfModule>

Additionally, when it can't find the web app that you are trying to deploy, it infinitely
attempts to deploy this webapp, spewing messages into the logfile that the webapp couldn't
be found.  Apache does not finish starting up, due to being locked into this loop.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to deploy a Tomcat webapp that is not in tomcats default loaction for serving webapps,
and give an absolute path to that webapp - for part one of bug -

and just give a wrong path to the webapp to get the infinite loop bug.
>Fix:
recognize abolute paths, and fix the infinite loop.