www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tuc <...@ttsg.com>
Subject Re: general/9118: FollowSymLink not set, when it should be
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/9118; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
To: wrowe@covalent.net (William A. Rowe, Jr.)
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, tuc@ttsg.com, submit@bugz.apache.org
Subject: Re: general/9118: FollowSymLink not set, when it should be
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:15:35 -0500 (EST)

 > > <Directory />
 > >     Options FollowSymLinks
 > >     AllowOverride None
 > > </Directory>
 >
 > Is there any chance you also assigned an Options statement in either
 > <Directory "/PATH"> or in a <Files > or <Location > block?  Or even
in
 > an .htaccess file in / or /PATH/ ?  Any of these could be interfering

 On the SUN in the httpd.conf :

 <Directory />
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
 </Directory>

 <Directory "/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs">
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
 </Directory>

     <Directory "/usr/local/etc/httpd/icons">
         Options Indexes MultiViews
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     <Directory "/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/manual">
         Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     <Directory "/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     <Directory "/PATH/wwwcust">
         Options Indexes Includes +FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride   All
     </Directory>

 <Directory "/PATH">
 Options +Indexes
 AllowOverride All
 </Directory>

 	As for .htaccess, we JUST built the server, and the content
 directory only had an index.html .

 BSDI:

 	There is an .htaccess in the directory with an "Options None". Is
 this doing it?  I believe FrontPage has always had this, and never run into
 this problem previously. Was this "fixed" at some point, or made stricter?

 		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.