www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "MOISSET Gérard OCISI" <gerar.mois...@francetelecom.com>
Subject RE: os-sunos/9036: "apache restart or stop" hangs the server if cronolog or rotatelog utils are used: Pid never die, only children are killed, and ipcs is not cleared
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-sunos/9036; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "MOISSET =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard?= OCISI" <gerar.moisset@francetelecom.com>
To: <submit@bugz.apache.org>,
    <apache-bugdb@apache.org>
Cc: TRINH Thai-Hoa OCISI <thaihoa.trinh@francetelecom.com>
Subject: RE: os-sunos/9036: "apache restart  or stop" hangs the server if cronolog or rotatelog
utils are used: Pid never die, only children are killed, and ipcs is not cleared
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:02:26 +0100

 it seems that the problem comes only when:

 - you are using TransferLog instead of CustomLog, and SSLLog instead of
 ErrorLog,
  with for example,

 TransferLog "| [exec] /path to../cronolog ou rotatelogs/ [--symlink=/path to
 log/fic_log_vhost_crlog] /path to log/access_vhost_tflog <frequence
 rotation>"

 - if you are using,

 CustomLog "| [exec] /path to../cronolog ou rotatelogs/ [--symlink=/path to
 log/fic_log_vhost_crlog] /path to log/access_vhost_crlog%d%m%Y" nickname

 it becomes OK with "removed Pid File.." and no problem when stopping or
 restarting Apache,

 instead of "no removed Pid File" and "Terminated" on error_log_file, Apache
 Pid still on (only children died) , and no ipcs cleared (ipcs |grep UserId
 from Apache User, Semaphore still on)

 would you pls confirm, and if ok explain better than me and cl