www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kevin Lagaisse <kevin.lagai...@etu.enseeiht.fr>
Subject os-windows/8982: [crit] makesock: failed to get a socket for port 80
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 14:30:51 GMT

>Number:         8982
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       [crit] makesock: failed to get a socket for port 80
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
when I try to run apache in the cmd window, it does not work and the window closes itself.
In the error-log file is written "[crit] makesock: failed to get a socket for port 80".
I don't understand because I just want to use apache local. I just have a modem that has never
been connected to the wall and don't have other programs that could be used for internet except
ie5.
(I have already changed the servername and the  you@you.com lines.)

Could tell me how to fix this problem.
Thank you.