www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Adam Branom <rustyg...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject general/8918: Using file access in the httpd.conf, it is not implemented
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:16:14 GMT

>Number:         8918
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Using file access in the httpd.conf, it is not implemented
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I add this to the httpd.conf file under the <directory> for htdocs

<Files proxy.cgi>
            AuthName "CGI Proxy Authorization"
            AuthType Basic
            AuthUserFile c:/Apache2/ht.passwd
            Require valid-user
</Files>

On Apache 1.3, it would ask for authentication when trying to access this file.  But, on 2.0.28,
it just gives me a 401 Authentication Required error.  But, it never asks for a user/pass
>How-To-Repeat:
Add something similar to
<Files proxy.cgi>
            AuthName "CGI Proxy Authorization"
            AuthType Basic
            AuthUserFile c:/Apache2/ht.passwd
            Require valid-user
</Files>
to the httpd.conf file and put a file with the name you are trying to block in the file you
do it under and it should give a 401 error message.
>Fix:
Not a clue