www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ted Western <twest...@pumatech.com>
Subject mod_isapi/9088: ServerSupportFunction(HSE_REQ_SEND_URL_REDIRECT_RESP) sends 200 status instead of 302
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:50:22 GMT

>Number:         9088
>Category:       mod_isapi
>Synopsis:       ServerSupportFunction(HSE_REQ_SEND_URL_REDIRECT_RESP) sends 200 status
instead of 302
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
My ISAPI extension makes use of the CHttpServerContext::ServerSupportFunction to send a redirect
message to the client (browser) using the HSE_REQ_SEND_URL_REDIRECT_RESP flag.  According
to the MSDN documentation, this is supposed to always send a 302 status along with the target
URL in the header of the response, allowing the client to get to the correct URL.  When I
invoke my ISA with a request resulting in a HSE_REQ_SEND_URL_REDIRECT_RESP message, my client
gets a status of 200.  The browser, as it should, thinks its work is done and I'm stuck on
a blank page as the redirect does not occur.

When running my ISAPI extension on IIS, a 302 code is sent, allowing for the client to redirect.

If I use the HSE_REQ_SEND_URL flag instead of the HSE_REQ_SEND_URL_REDIRECT_RESP flag in my
ISA, I get the expected results, as apache performs the redirect and only sends the client
the final URL.
>How-To-Repeat:
My url looks like: http://server/scripts/myisapi.dll/Logon?...
The request is processed by the ISAPI extension and a redirect is sent for the target site.
>Fix:
I'm not familiar with the Apache code that handles the redirects (and possibly all responses),
but I'd imagine there is a struct (or similar) that holds the information to respond with.
 This struct should always be updated with the 302 return code when the HSE_REQ_SEND_URL_REDIRECT_RESP
flag is sent to the ServerSupportFunction() method.