www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Immo Huneke <Hune...@Logica.Com>
Subject config/9078: The "require group x" directive appears not to work within a .htaccess file
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:58:41 GMT

>Number:         9078
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       The "require group x" directive appears not to work within a .htaccess
file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
With a valid .htaccess file in one of the subdirectories of a virtual site's document root,
no-one can access the directory or the documents in it. The .htaccess file contains no tab
characters - all spaces. NB users are being authenticated using the PAM authentication module
to an NT domain logon server. The .htpasswd file appears not to be accessed at all, which
I verified by adding a user to it who isn't in the NT domain.
>How-To-Repeat:
Here is the content of the .htaccess file.

AuthPAM_Enabled on
AuthPAM_FallThrough on
AuthUserFile /home/deja/data/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /home/deja/data/.htgroup
AuthName "Logica Username/Password"
AuthType Basic
require group srdtech
>Fix:
My workaround for the moment has been to replace the last line with

require user w x y z

(where w x y z are valid NT users). This isn't a satisfactory procedure in the long term.