www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Patrick Coughlin <pat...@freenetname.co.uk>
Subject general/9072: httpd: No such file or directory.
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 08:56:10 GMT

>Number:         9072
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       httpd: No such file or directory.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Trying to get http://localhost to work.  I have done everthing i think possible.
When I try and tun /etc/init.d/httpd start it says
bash: /etc/init.d/httpd: No such file or directory
The file is there however, and has the 755 permissions.
Also, when I type in http://localhost the following error occurs :
netscape is unable to locate the sever keyword.netscape.com