www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Skorski ...@betterhalf.com>
Subject os-windows/8911: USB Root Hub Problem - Lost printer & scanner
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:32:17 GMT

>Number:         8911
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       USB Root Hub Problem - Lost printer & scanner
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I loaded the latest versions of Apache, PHP and MySql on my Windows 98 se computer. I went
to use my printer and I receive a message that it cannot load the device driver.  I went to
my control panel/system and found the 2 USB Root Hubs with a black exclamation mark inside
a yellow circle.  When I click the properties of one of the highlighted USB Root Hub, it showed
that there was a problem with the NT*.vxd file for this hub. I put in the Windows 98 disk
and clicked the fix button. Everything seemed to run smoothly at the end it said to restart
the computer for the changes to take place. To make a long story short the problem still exists.

I tried removing the affected root hubs but when I rebooted they were reinstalled. I also
tried deleting and reinstalling the USB device manager. The above programs were the latest
that I have installed on this machine.

How can I rectify this problem?

Thank you for your anticipated help on this matter.
>How-To-Repeat:
I have no idea?
>Fix:
None!