www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/8824: If time zone is changed while apache is running, it doesn't reflect in access log properly
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/8824; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: satish chandra kilaru <iam_kilaru@yahoo.com>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_log-any/8824: If time zone is changed while apache is running,
 it doesn't reflect in access log properly
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:40:00 -0800 (PST)

 On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, satish chandra kilaru wrote:

 > Thanks marc
 >
 > I just have one doubt left. I wrote a test program to
 > see if it catches the changes in time zone. It
 > doesn't.
 > What is apache doing? If possible please tell me. Or
 > at least point me to some source.

 apache is doing the same thing that any simplistic test program would do.
 It doesn't do anything with time zones. It doesn't catch the changes
 inside a running process, however as new child processes are created they
 may or may not get updated time zones.  I can't tell you the precise
 details of how things happen to interact on the particular platform you
 are running on; there are a variety of legitimate behaviours by the system
 libraries that can produce different results, but still all be legal.