www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From traw...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/8826: Threaded mpm creates large number of processes.
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:36:57 GMT

Synopsis: Threaded mpm creates large number of processes.

Comment-Added-By: trawick
Comment-Added-When: Wed Nov 21 09:36:56 PST 2001
Comment-Added:
I realize it seems strange for threads to be listed with separate pids, but that's just the
way it is with Linux.
Hacks are even required in the source code to deal with this.

This is an intentional design on the part of the Linux kernel folks, so it is unlikely to
change.  Certainly
it is not an Apache issue.  We can only do what is required
internally to ensure that it doesn't confuse the code.