www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: os-sunos/8811: Unable to start the Apache web server
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-sunos/8811; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ian Holsman <ianh@cnet.com>
To: "Roy, Rakesh (CAP,   ""FLEET)" <Rakesh.Roy@fleet.gecapital.com>
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: RE: os-sunos/8811: Unable to start the Apache web server
Date: 20 Nov 2001 09:10:55 -0800

 On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 08:52, Roy, Rakesh (CAP, FLEET) wrote:
 > The IPCS status
 >
 > IPC status from <running system> as of Tue Nov 20 16:43:18 GMT 2001
 >
 > T         ID      KEY        MODE        OWNER    GROUP
 >
 > Message Queues:
 >
 > Shared Memory:
 >
 > m          0   0x50000bba --rw-r--r--     root     root
 >
 > Semaphores:
 >
 > s     196608   0x3b006c10 --ra-ra-ra-   oracle      dba
 >
 > s          1   0x3b000002 --ra-ra-ra-   oracle      dba
 >
 > s          2   0x3b006412 --ra-ra-ra-   oracle      dba
 >
 > Attached here is the copy of the /etc/system file.

 try increasing the amount of shared memory on your system.
 If your running oracle, I'd hazard a guess that it is using 95% of
 your shared memory resources.

 try shutting down oracle and getting apache to restart. If it can
 then you need to increase the following settings in your /etc/system
 file

 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax
 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni
 set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg