www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz <joachim.durchh...@halstenbach.de>
Subject os-windows/8794: Missing DLL when starting Apache
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:49:23 GMT

>Number:         8794
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Missing DLL when starting Apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Starting Apache with "apachectl start" will give a Windows message box reporting "Windows
cannot locate libhttpd.dll in the PATH", and the full path (wording differs).
>How-To-Repeat:
Install Cygwin and Apache for Cygwin.
>Fix:
As a temporary fix, I have added the following line to the top of my apachectl script:
PATH=/usr/local/apache/libexec:$PATH
Note that the -R option in the HTTP= line cannot work, since the Apache executable is linked
in a way that it requests that its DLLs are loaded on start-up.

I suspect that the build process uses the wrong flags for linking the DLL. I noticed that
the recent release notes for Cygwin mentioned some ld issues, but I haven't taken a closer
look.