www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Axel Beckert <a...@dagstuhl.de>
Subject mod_include/8772: SSI #exec cmd="..." doesn't work anymore (but worked in 2.0.16 beta)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:16:18 GMT

>Number:         8772
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       SSI #exec cmd="..." doesn't work anymore (but worked in 2.0.16 beta)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I upgrade from 2.0.16 beta to 2.0.28-dev from CVS about two weeks ago and have update to 2.0.28
beta a few days ago.

Both 2.0.28 versions just ignore the SSI command #exec cmd="/bin/foo" in the way, that it's
just absorbed. Neither in the error log nor in the documentation /bug database I found a note
on this strange behaviour. Also a fast look over the diff on both mod_include.c versions didn't
help (at least to me :-). And the only thing, I found in the CHANGES file I was an entry which
states, that SSI command #exec *cgi* has been changed to work also on win32 platforms, but
not the #exec cmd command.

The SSI command #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/foo.cgi" still does work.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://cip117.studcs.uni-sb.de:8042/ doesn't show the two "uname -foo" commands embedded in
the page since I update from 2.0.16 to 2.0.28-dev on that machine. But the fortune-like CGI
script (embedded via #exec cgi) issuing another joke or saying on each request still works
fine. (This server is just for playing around and not for performance. It will probably disappear
at the end of the year. :-)
>Fix:
Sorry, not yet.