www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Johan Mulder <jo...@immortal.localhost.nl>
Subject Re: general/8679: Major memory usage with lots of vhosts.
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 20:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/8679; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Johan Mulder <johan@immortal.localhost.nl>
To: slive@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/8679: Major memory usage with lots of vhosts.
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:01:07 +0100

 On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 05:15:21PM -0000, slive@apache.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: Major memory usage with lots of vhosts.
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > State-Changed-By: slive
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Nov  5 09:15:21 PST 2001
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >
 > In a situation like this, you really need to use mod_vhost_alias or a similar technique
so that you don't bulk up your httpd.conf with thousands of individual vhost blocks.  That
module is specifically designed to solve your problem.

 mod_vhost_alias doesn't support suexec. Your answer doesn't solve
 the problem of eating up a lot of memory with large configurations.
 I would like to have this bug report reopened and have it looked at
 seriously.

 --
 Johan Mulder
 Localhost System Administration