www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Noah Robin <s...@onastick.net>
Subject general/8642: mod_rewrite/mod_auth_dbm using wrong ndbm.h file on Debian systems.
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:16:12 GMT

>Number:         8642
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       mod_rewrite/mod_auth_dbm using wrong ndbm.h file on Debian systems.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
mod_rewrite and mod_auth_dbm both #include ndbm.h. On debian systems, /usr/include/db1/ndbm.h
is part of libc, but defines DBM_SUFFIX as ".db". perl's NDBM_File interface creates the .pag/.dir
files.  In order to have apache look for the correct filenames, the correct include file is
'gdbm-ndbm.h' (/usr/include/gdbm-ndbm.h). Note that this has only been tested on debian's
'testing' distribution, but since I was seeing the same error using 'debian stable' I'm fairly
sure the same fix will solve the issue there as well.
>How-To-Repeat:
Roll up apache with mod_rewrite on a recentish debian system and try playing with rewritemaps.
>Fix:
Something like the following in mod_rewrite.h and mod_auth_dbm.c...

#ifdef DEBIAN
#include <gdbm-ndbm.h>
#else
#include <ndbm.h>
#endif

...although there's very likely a cleaner way to do it.

Caveat: I'm not sure what the ndbm.h situation is/was on older versions of debian.