www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From andy@apache.org, pflug <apfl...@msn.com>
Subject os-freebsd/8609: on boot of machine strange line appears..
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:47:12 GMT

>Number:         8609
>Category:       os-freebsd
>Synopsis:       on boot of machine strange line appears..
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
freebsd 4.4 , latest 9/16. gcc /usr/local/etc/apache is dir....

I get this error message

local package initilization failed line 3 invalid local host freyr.exolution.lan .. says it
is on line 3 of server file, I check httpd.conf and I don't see it, I check my /etc/hosts
, and it is set-up file, my hostname is valid. I can't seem to find apache running anywhere
else on the machine, if it was, where would it go? I did my top and saw nothing. Any help
would be greatly welcomed.

                                                               Thank you
                                                                  Andrew