www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Leon Wang <leonw...@126.com>
Subject general/8590: Need the "deny" response configurable
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 05:41:49 GMT

>Number:         8590
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Need the "deny" response configurable
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I want the server give configurable "deny" response. Currently, all denied client will receive
a 403 error message. Although ErrorDocument give an option to customize error message, but
there're still some headers can not be removed (such as "Date", "server" etc.), but I need
another option: no any response (included all headers) to the denied client, as if the daemon
is not running at all, i.e. the server is hidden.
I searched many forums and this database, seems no way in current config setup, include "mod_headers",
the "unset" cannot remove any headers before this module.
Here is my last chance! Help!
>How-To-Repeat:
Just compare the browser display with or without Apache running to see a denied response.
>Fix:
Add a new directive to configure what headers should the denied access response.