www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeff Benjamin <jbenja...@ivertexo.com>
Subject general/8548: Installer does not complete, says it was interrupted
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 04:39:35 GMT

>Number:         8548
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Installer does not complete, says it was interrupted
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The MSI Installer for Windows platforms goes through all the steps of installing, but after
clicking the Install button it says it was interrupted.

This only happens to me when the .msi file is in a directory with a very short name, such
as c:\z.  It does not exhibit this behavior when the .msi is in a longer path such as c:\software\devtools\apache.
>How-To-Repeat:
Create a directory named c:\z, copy the .msi file into it, try installing Apache.  I also
had uninstalled 1.3.20 prior to this, and am unsure if that is a variable.
>Fix:
Just what I described above as a work-around.  I'm not sure how to fix the MSI.