www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Colin Viebrock <co...@easydns.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/8528: htaccess files generate 500 errors, but no error logging
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:21:11 GMT

>Number:         8528
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       htaccess files generate 500 errors, but no error logging
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Recently upgraded to 1.3.20 with DSO.  Now, all .htaccess files that use flat .htpasswd files
generate 500 errors, but there is no logging in either the vhost's error log, nor the general
server error log.  The only things logged are the initial 401 and subsequent 500 in the vhost
access log.

The password prompt appears and, no matter what you enter (valid or not), when you submit
you get the 500 page.

There is no core dump.  I've tried moving the auth directives into httpd.conf, turning up
LogLevel all the way ... all without effect.  Vhosts/.htaccess files that use mod_auth_mysql
work fine.  I've triple checked my .htaccess for spelling mistakes.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
No. :(