www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kavuri <kavur...@rediff.com>
Subject mod_cgi/8481: How to get result using system( ) from Apache Server
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 07:32:35 GMT

>Number:         8481
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       How to get result using system( ) from Apache Server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We are working on Linux machine, we tried to connect to Apache server through programatically.
We are using "cc" compiler. We tried to execute
 system("ls>filename");  When we tried to run this system("ls>filename") on console
we got it. But when we tried this on Apache Server, We are getting a message in error_log
file like "sh: /var/www/cgi-bin/filename : Permission Denied". Kindly support us.

with Tahnks,
Kavuri.