www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: general/8578: Form "POST" extremely slow from localhost
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:45:32 GMT
>  Do you have a KB article ID for this issue?  I tried searching the MS
>  knowlegebase (for over an hour) and could only find one article/patch
>  which MIGHT address this issue... Q278522 - "Deadlock Condition
>  Causes Socket Programs to Become Unresponsive"

I had actually suspected a decade-old bug that had never been fixed;

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q278/6/78.ASP

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q294/7/69.ASP

This very recent fix may clear such slow localhost problems;

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q294/7/69.asp?ID=294769

followed by this rather interesting optimization

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q298/8/96.asp?ID=298896

Both are hotfixes, gotta beg and plead for them.

Bill