www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Jordan <cwjor...@corp.earthlink.net>
Subject Re: config/8308: UseCanonicalName doesn't work in .htaccess (similar to PR #5970)
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:44:40 GMT
Aha, found it.  There appears to be an error in http_core.c.  The
following change fixed it so that it behaves as documented:

diff http_core.c.orig http_core.c
3104c3104
<   RSRC_CONF|ACCESS_CONF, TAKE1,
---
>   OR_OPTIONS, TAKE1,

This may not be the optimal fix, looking at an old post from
http://www.humanfactor.com/cgi-bin/cgi-delegate/apache-ML/nh/1998/Dec/0286.html
which describes the change made in apache 1.3.4, it would seem to be
correct, but there have been several changes to UseCanonicalName
mentioned in CHANGES_1.3 since then, I don't know really what all they
were supposed to do.  What I did seems to correctly do what we need
however.

Chris Jordan
Earthlink System Engineering
cwjordan@corp.earthlink.net