www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christophe Thibault <ch...@planisware.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/8420: file-owner keyword of the mod_auth / require directive
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:29:45 GMT

>Number:         8420
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       file-owner keyword  of the mod_auth / require directive
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In document "http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_auth.html", it is said :

"the mod_auth module supports the following keywords that can be given to the
require directive :
file-owner
..."

I'm trying to use this directive in my test server, but when i access my file,
i get the following error in the logs/error_log log file :

access to /~chris failed, reason: unknown require directive:"owner"
access to /~chris failed, reason: user chris not allowed access

The Url i try to access was : http://opx2test/~chris/index.html

The httpd.conf section is :

UserDir /home/*/public_html
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride None
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    AuthType basic
    AuthName "Opx2test - [x] Restricted Access"
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/users
    Require file-owner
</Directory>

System rights seem to be ok for the file /home/chris/public_html/index.html i
try to access.
>How-To-Repeat:
I use a internal test server, so you cannot test my server