www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ryan Wilhm <rwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject general/8381: Startup failure from vanilla installation
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:08:15 GMT

>Number:         8381
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Startup failure from vanilla installation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Installation completes properly. However, startup invariably fails. Configuration files generated
by the installer look correct. I tried installing both the src-r2 and nosrc-r2 installs and
got exactly the same result. error.log yields the following:

[Fri Sep 21 07:03:17 2001] [crit] (10045)The attempted operation is not supported for the
type of object referenced: Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for socket 368.
[Fri Sep 21 07:03:17 2001] [error] (9)Bad file descriptor: master_main: create child process
failed. Exiting.
[Fri Sep 21 07:04:17 2001] [error] forcing termination of child #0 (handle 408)
>How-To-Repeat:
See bug description.