www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Martin Steiger <martin.stei...@fujitsu-siemens.ch>
Subject general/8373: Downloading Larger Files
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:35:51 GMT

>Number:         8373
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Downloading Larger Files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We changed from IIS 5 to Apache 1.3.20 a few weeks ago and are very happy with it. However,
since then it is not possible to download any larger files. This seems only to happen, if
the user has a very slow connection.

The Download just stops at about half of the file. You don't find anything in the error files,
there's always status 200 shown.

Probably it has something to do with a timeout or so, but I can't find the right configuration
directive (already set the timeout to 7200).
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.ch/download/setpca_d.exe
Try it with a slow connection (the file should be about 8 MB).
>Fix:
Setting the right timeout (or whatever) directive, but didn't find it...