www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Joseph Wong" <joe_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: general/8343: Apache server hangs up and consumes 100% CPU resource when uploading file to server through Apache server is SUDDENLY stopped.
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/8343; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph Wong" <joe_clw@hotmail.com>
To: wrowe@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/8343: Apache server hangs up and consumes 100% CPU resource when
 uploading file to server through Apache server is SUDDENLY stopped.
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:59:48 +0800

 I tested that when I made a form submit with method of POST and
 multipart/form-data to upload file, there's no exception in the Java bean
 which processes upload file on the server side.

 Also, once I suddenly closed the browser during uploading files, Apache
 server hangs up and consumes 100% CPU resource AND it's hard for me to stop
 the apache service. BUT there is no problem in tomcat.

 According to my colleague, there is the same problem in the application
 when running in UNIX platform.

 Is it a bug of apache, that cannot automatically detect and handle the
 sudden closure of the stream (connection) between the browser and apache
 for uploading file?

 How to solve that problem?

 Joseph.

 >From: wrowe@apache.org
 >To: apache-bugdb@apache.org, joe_clw@hotmail.com, wrowe@apache.org
 >Subject: Re: general/8343: Apache server hangs up and consumes 100% CPU
 resource when uploading file to server through Apache server is SUDDENLY
 stopped.

 b http://explorer.msn.com.tw/intl.asp KOU MSN Explorer