www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rick <nok...@hotmail.com>
Subject general/8316: can not download or open mpeg/avi files in MSIE.
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:30:55 GMT

>Number:         8316
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       can not download or open mpeg/avi files in MSIE.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Well, I don't know much about apache but my hostmaster even knows less. Thats' why I ask you
here hoping that my description somehow explains the problem....
I can not download or open mpeg or avi files out of a secured folder (allow/deny or mod-rewrite).
MSIE allways displays "file not found" or mediaplayer tries to open a "non existing" file.
with mod_rewrite MSIE/Mediaplayer allways trys to open/download the default homepage.
With Netscape everything works fine!
It seems like Apache does not get the referring URL when requesting a mpeg/avi file under
MSIE!?
So I'm not sure if this can be fixed with .htaccess!?