www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark apache Wistey <wis...@snow.stanford.edu>
Subject general/8314: 2.0.16 refuses connections
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 18:57:05 GMT

>Number:         8314
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       2.0.16 refuses connections
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I just installed Apache 2.0.16 on a NetBSD/i386 box, from the BSD
packages collection.  It installs fine, it starts fine, but it
refuses connections, even for localhost using lynx.  There
is nothing in the error log except for the line:
"Apache/2.0.16 (Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations".
There's no firewall running, and it's a brand new installation of
NetBSD 1.5.1 (latest release).

Version 1.3 had been working fine with the same configuration (apart
from the ServerType line).  But I also tried with a basic, 4-line
httpd.conf, with the same results, so it doesn't seem to be the
configuration.

I've read the FAQs and searched through the bug reports, and nothing
seems to describe what's happening here.
Um... www.wistey.org, I guess.