www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Jordan <cwjor...@corp.earthlink.net>
Subject Re: config/8308: UseCanonicalName doesn't work in .htaccess (similar to PR #5970)
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/8308; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris Jordan <cwjordan@corp.earthlink.net>
To: submit@bugz.apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/8308: UseCanonicalName doesn't work in .htaccess (similar to
 PR #5970)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:44:40 -0400

 Aha, found it.  There appears to be an error in http_core.c.  The
 following change fixed it so that it behaves as documented:

 diff http_core.c.orig http_core.c
 3104c3104
 <   RSRC_CONF|ACCESS_CONF, TAKE1,
 ---
 >   OR_OPTIONS, TAKE1,

 This may not be the optimal fix, looking at an old post from
 http://www.humanfactor.com/cgi-bin/cgi-delegate/apache-ML/nh/1998/Dec/0286.html
 which describes the change made in apache 1.3.4, it would seem to be
 correct, but there have been several changes to UseCanonicalName
 mentioned in CHANGES_1.3 since then, I don't know really what all they
 were supposed to do.  What I did seems to correctly do what we need
 however.

 Chris Jordan
 Earthlink System Engineering
 cwjordan@corp.earthlink.net