www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Stefan Lindner <lind...@visionet.de>
Subject general/8282: Hardcoded paths in httpd daemon
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 20:10:25 GMT

>Number:         8282
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Hardcoded paths in httpd daemon
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Dear Apache developers maybe i'm wasting ypour time. I'm currently trying to create a solaris
package for apache 2.x beta that can be installed into a directory that the user selects at
runtime.

What drives me mad is the fact that the httpd daemon contains the hardcoded path that I provided
during configure as parameter "--prefix".

Any attempt to modify this path at installation time failed.

Are there any plans to eliminate this? Did I make any mistake? I read the FAQ and did a search
in your problem database.

What I'm trying to do do is the following:
- create a solaris2.x package for apache 2.x
- let the user decide the installation directory at installation time
- create a directory for the user's http/php etc. files
- patch the configuration files of apache (e.g. httpd. conf, libapr.la) to
  mogify them according to the desired directorys
- create scripts for automatically start and stop httpd at startup/shutdown

Can you help me? I would --- if this shoul be a real problem by desing --- try to fix this
and provide you with a solution. Can you bring me in contact with a developper that coordinates
processing of configuration files?

Greetings
Stefan Lindner