www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Hannes Gruber <h.gru...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex/8206: links to subdirectories are missing the terminating / in indexing if fancy indexing is not chosen.
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:33:47 GMT
At Sunday 17:30 19.08.01, marc@apache.org wrote:
>[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, you need]
>[to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]
>[subject line starts with the report component and number, with ]
>[or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as "general/1098:" or      ]
>["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match this       ]
>[pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.  The       ]
>["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of messages from  ]
>[the database automatically because of the potential for mail   ]
>[loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
>[nored unless you are responding to an explicit request from a  ]
>[developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!     ]
>

>Synopsis: links to subdirectories are missing the terminating / in
>indexing if fancy indexing is not chosen.
>
>State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
>State-Changed-By: marc
>State-Changed-When: Sun Aug 19 10:30:11 PDT 2001
>State-Changed-Why:
>If you are not using fancyindexing, then Apache does not go through and
>try to figure out if a file is a directory or not, so it does not know if
>it should add a trailing "/" or not.  That is the way that
>non-fancyindexing works.
>
>Requesting a directory without a trailing "/" works just fine, Apache then
>redirects you to the name with the trailing "/".  Apparently this isn't
>happening on your system, but you don't provide any details of exactly how
>it "doesn't work".  Most likely, it is related to
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ#set-servername

Perfectly correct,
the case is the following: I have two different virtual server
configurations running, one if the server is adressed via the url, and
another if the server is addressed via the IP address. The IP address
answers with the default virtual server entry therefore I set the global
server name to the external IP address. the Virtual server name to the
domain name. If accessed from outside or via the Domain name redirecting
woks fine.
But The server is also accessed through the internal network, where it has
a different IP address 192.186.100.1 this addres does not appear somewhere
in the serverconfiguration (except the NameVirtualHost) but this has
nothing to do with it.

I think I could add another virtual server to the list like this,

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.1>
         ServerName 192.168.100.1
</VirtualHost>

but this would mean, that I would have to administer two VirtualHost
entries for one and the same results.

Meanwhile i decided to use only fancy indexing. This workaround seems to be
better.

Kind regards, Hannes Gruber