www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pavel Fercer <...@infodrom.ru>
Subject mod_isapi/8242: The last char of every environment variable is lost while using Delphi5's TWebModule for building ISAPI dlls
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:40:56 GMT

>Number:         8242
>Category:       mod_isapi
>Synopsis:       The last char of every environment variable is lost while using Delphi5's
TWebModule for building ISAPI dlls
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When calling TWebRequest.GetFieldByName to get server variable the last character of variable
will be lost. The same problem occurs when using other TWebRequest properties, based on environment
variables (such as RemoteAddr, URL and others).
IMHO such problem occures because GetServerVariable in mod_isapi returns (in lpdwSizeofBuffer)
size of variable value _without_ NULL character, but Delphi thought that this size includes
NULL. So, when Delphi doing conversion to string it loses the last character of the value.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I've corrected all 'lpdwSizeofBuffer=len;' to 'lpdwSizeofBuffer=len+1;'. It works fine for
me. I don't think this can break anything. It seems that IIS works in the same way.