www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From traw...@apache.org
Subject Re: mod_mime/7964: mime_magic_module + little-endian data => internal server error
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:01:54 GMT

Synopsis: mime_magic_module + little-endian data => internal server error

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: trawick
State-Changed-When: Tue Aug 21 04:01:54 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:
(Note: I have been researching this problem using Apache 2.0,
though I think it should be the same in 1.3.)

A simple work-around appears to be to remove the tab character
at the end of the line

0	string		RIFF		audio/unknown

in the magic file.  I think the parser of the file
mistakenly stores the tab character as part of the mime
type.  At run-time, we've selected this mime type
("audio/unknown\t") but we don't store it in the request
because when parsing it again we are confused by the tab.

Changes contemplated for Apache 2.0 include

1) log something!  an internal server error generated from
   an Apache module with no error log is nasty
2) remove such tabs from the distributed magic file and/
   or add logic to the file parsing code to ignore the tabs

Thanks for your report, and thanks for using Apache!

Responsible-Changed-From-To: apache-trawick
Responsible-Changed-By: trawick
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Aug 21 04:01:54 PDT 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
I have some preliminary code and expect to have it ready soon.