www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "\[KSC\]" <...@softhome.net>
Subject Re: os-windows/8187: if a filename is not english, sometimes, apache will return error code 403, access forbidden.
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/8187; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "[KSC]" <ksc@softhome.net>
To: slive@apache.org, apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-windows/8187: if a filename is not english, sometimes, apache
 will return error code 403, access forbidden.
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:35:54 +1000

 Hello, you said it may because I'm sending non-ascii characters to the URL, but that URL
is generated by
 apache.

 <<1. What does the error log say?
 I just copy the error log here:

 [Thu Aug 16 02:25:58 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (2)No such file or directory: file
permissions deny
 server access: c:/songs/p.txt

 you can see that the file name in the error log is p.txt (0xAC, 0x70), however, the actual
file name is
 P.txt (0xAC, 0x50).

 <<2. What URL are you using to request the content?
 when I test it, I just setup the URL as http://localhost:5354/, and the root dir is c:/songs,
this is where
 the test file located. I have even put it to my DNS provider, then the URL became
 http://enigma.idleplay.net:5354/, but the problem still there.

 if I set it up as http://localhost:5354/ and the file want to access is P.txt, the URL is:
 http://localhost:5354/%acP.txt, it's correct, but apache just returns error.
 I think it may because when apache generates the URL, it produces 0xAC, 0x50, but when it
actually tries to
 access the file, it uses 0xAC, 0x70.

 If you need to test it, I'll be happy to help.