www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From sl...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-windows/8187: if a filename is not english, sometimes, apache will return error code 403, access forbidden.
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:53:57 GMT

Synopsis: if a filename is not english, sometimes, apache will return error code 403, access
forbidden.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: slive
State-Changed-When: Wed Aug 15 12:53:57 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:

We are missing two crucial pieces of information here:
1. What does the error log say?
2. What URL are you using to request the content?

My guess is that the problem is that you are sending
non-ASCII characters in the URL, which is not allowed.
To use non-ASCII characters, they must be
URL-encoded.  For example, see:
http://skew.org/xml/misc/URI-i18n/

Thanks for using Apache!