www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Charles Zhao <cyz...@hotmail.com>
Subject mod_rewrite/8177: Get HTTP errors when making multiple concurrent request to proxy module which rewrites url.
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:16:10 GMT

>Number:         8177
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       Get HTTP errors when making multiple concurrent request to proxy module
which rewrites url.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Our product uses Apache's proxy module and rewrite module to implement proxy funcationality,
when we did load testing with Silk Performer we found this problem. When we made multiple
concurrent requests from Silk Performer to Apache's proxy module with rewrite rules, Silk
Performer finally gave
"error HTTP: 1000 - invalid header, RecvHeader second attempt" error. When I took out rewrite
rules from proxy module and did the same load testing, it worked fine.

>How-To-Repeat:
Add new proxy module by adding the follwing lines to httpd.conf:

Listen 9000

<VirtualHost our.company.com:9000>
	ProxyRequests On

	ProxyVia On
	CacheRoot "c:/apache/proxy"
	CacheSize 5
	CacheGcInterval 4
	CacheMaxExpire 24
	CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
	CacheDefaultExpire 1

	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteLog c:/apache/logs/rewrite.log
	RewriteLogLevel 9
	RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^our\.company\.com
	# Use [P] to proxy/rewrite, [R] for a URL-decoration type rewrite
	RewriteRule ^proxy:(.+) $1 [P]
</VirtualHost>

In Silk Performer, add script which makes request to http://www.google.com through proxy server
- our.company.com:9000

Start the test with multiple concurrent users and each user keeps making requests for 2 mintues,
then you will get HTTP error after some sucessful requests.