www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From root <r...@tamqfl1-ar3-4-60-024-116.vz.dsl.gtei.net>
Subject Re: general/8173: If the machine locks up Apache will not restart.
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/8173; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: root <root@tamqfl1-ar3-4-60-024-116.vz.dsl.gtei.net>
To: slive@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/8173: If the machine locks up Apache will not restart.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:11:12 -0400

 OK,

     Lets try this again. One of my servers hard locked will useing grip in LM 8.
 Grip has a bug in the memory allocation. This causes a fast hard lock.
 You must use the reset button to reboot. I have been to every forum and help
 page including the site you  recomended . I have also read the manual ( your not
 going to get to far in linux if you dont know how to read, if you know what i
 mean?) I have spent two weeks on this problem. Writing apache was my last
 resort not my first. Ive used Apache servers for over three years on many
 different machines and never had this problem until i started using Linux
 Mandrake 8.

 GG