www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joshua Cantara <webmas...@grappone.com>
Subject os-linux/8143: When error log reaches linux's max file size of 2gig apache will crash.
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2001 22:19:16 GMT

>Number:         8143
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       When error log reaches linux's max file size of 2gig apache will crash.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When apache's error_log hits 2 gigs, it will crash when it tries to write to it.  And since
it cant write to the error log, there's no way to find out why it crashed.
>How-To-Repeat:
Get some really bad programmers and create 2 gigs of error messages in a week like we did.
 =)
>Fix:
Check file size and manually rotate the logs when approaching 2 gigs.