www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kalpen Desai <kalp...@denwa.com>
Subject mod_jserv/8117: LoadModule does not work...
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:23:25 GMT

>Number:         8117
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       LoadModule does not work...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have installed apache_1.3.20 with mod_ssl 2.8.4 and openssl 0.9.6a on Linux 6.2. and everything
workes fine upto this point. Now, I want to plugin Jakarta-tomcat with this apache webserver
as my application is developed on tomcat. But wafter including a tomcat-apache.conf file and
trying to start apache, it comes up with an error like "Systax Error at line 1 of tomcat-apache.conf
Invalid command 'LoadModule' perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the
server configuration".

In tomcat-apache.conf, First line is like this "LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so".
And I have mod_jserv.so available in apache/libexec which I downloaded from apache's website
(as it is downloaded from website).

As this thing didn't work, I downloaded mod_jk.so and placed it in apache/libexec (as it is
downloaded from website) and changed httpd.conf to include mod_jk.conf-auto and tried to start
apache, but it ended up with the same result. ( giving error for LoadModule).

Let me know whether I need to do anything special in Apache to let it accept "LoadModule"
directive. I checked "httpd -l" and it show mod_so.c and http_core.c as already loaded modules.

thanks in advance,

Kalpen