www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Estelle Martin - M├ęgaphone <webmas...@megaphone.ch>
Subject Re: Apache not handling php on canonical domains
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:40:31 GMT
After some testing, it appears that what is not working any more when I put both Virtual Hosts
is php3 - php4 is fine. Why THAT ?
Thank you for helping,

        Estelle

----- Original Message -----
From: estelle
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 1:30 PM
Subject: Apache not handling php on canonical domains

Hi all,
I am administering a Solaris 8 box, with Apache/1.3.12, with PHP/4.0.2 and PHP/3.0.16 as DSO
modules, and mysql.
We have been making Virtual Hosting under this configuration with plain success for 16 months
(name-based, only one IP). We have something like 120 virtual hosts (is there a limit ?).
Since yesterday, there is a strange problem. As I add some virtual hosts in httpd.conf, some
other things do not work any more: the php pages on certain virtual hosts based on canonical
names. But not all ... only on the canonical names for one domain.
Here are the two virtual hosts I added yesterday (hope it can be usefull). When I remove one
or the other, all is working. When I put both, the problem occurs again.
I have every week new clients to host, so please if you have any idea I will be gratefull.

            Estelle

<VirtualHost www.medialogue.org>
ServerAdmin webmaster@megaphone.ch
DocumentRoot /pathtohosts/medialogue.org/htdocs
ServerName www.medialogue.org
ServerAlias medialogue.org
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /pathtohosts/medialogue.org/cgi-bin
ErrorLog /pathtohosts/medialogue.org/logs/error_log
CustomLog /pathtohosts/medialogue.org/logs/access_log combined
ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/internalerror.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/filenotfound.html
ErrorDocument 403 /errordocs/accessdenied.html
Alias /stats /pathtohosts/medialogue.org/logs/webalizer
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.vil-art.com>
ServerAdmin webmaster@megaphone.ch
DocumentRoot /pathtohosts/vilart.com/htdocs
ServerName www.vil-art.com
ServerAlias vil-art.com
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /pathtohosts/vilart.com/cgi-bin
ErrorLog /pathtohosts/vilart.com/logs/error_log
CustomLog /pathtohosts/vilart.com/logs/access_log combined
ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/internalerror.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/filenotfound.html
ErrorDocument 403 /errordocs/accessdenied.html
Alias /stats /pathtohosts/vilart.com/logs/webalizer
</VirtualHost>