www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "African Styles" <i...@africanstyles.com>
Subject The African Styles summer sale on masks, statues, fabrics, jewelry, and more.
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:09:08 GMT
The diversity of forms and uses represented in African art cannot be summarized in a few lines.

African art is sometimes sacred, sometimes functional. A particular piece may ward off evil
spirits or be employed in a ceremony to appease angry ancestors, or it may be used for storage
or decoration.

The mission of African Styles is to share West and Central African artistic traditions with
people everywhere.
We want our buyers to be aware of the history of art in Africa and understand the significance
of the pieces we sell. We are dedicated to providing unparalleled customer service in the
market for African art. African Styles is known for its lenient return policy, rich meaningful
content, interior decorating advice, and professionalism.

Add style and sophistication to your home.
African art is stylish and diverse. We offer nine categories of art to choose from, including
masks, baskets, statues, fabrics and more. Our pieces will beautify your home whether it's
a cramped apartment or spacious mansion.

Discover what you've been missing.
If you're unfamiliar with African art, take the time to appreciate its uniqueness from other
art forms. Show that you care about your background and ancestry. Add to the beauty and elegance
of your home. Buy yourself something meaningful and important...

You will appreciate the effort that we put into researching our items' tribal significance,
colorful visual descriptions, and straightforward decorating advice:

Tribal Information
We are committed to providing you with accurate, interesting and educational information about
our pieces. Whenever possible, you will learn an item's precise use. Otherwise, we'll provide
you with information regarding ceremonial and religious practices within the tribe that produced
it.

Visual Description
Every piece we offer includes a photograph and visual description. A photograph alone won't
give you the complete picture. We offer a visual description to try to fill in what the photograph
misses.

Decorating
We offer our advice on how you could place a mask, statue, etc. in your home. You may want
to buy based on our advice; or you might disregard what we say and buy based on your instincts.

We also have some general decorating tips to help you get started if you're unfamiliar with
African art... <a target=_blank href="http://www.africanstyles.com/decorating/tips.htm">Read
on</a>

You can expect at least four or five lines each about the tribal significance, visual description,
and decorating advice for our pieces:

Tribal Information
The Songye of Zaire and Congo are divided into many subgroups. They are ruled by a central
chief who relinquishes certain powers to secret societies that teach values to the tribe...
<a target=_blank href="http://shop.africanstyles.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&amp;DID=37&amp;ObjectGroup_ID=5&amp;CatID=6">Read
on</a>

Visual Description
This mask is a favorite for its intricate striations and its unique spiritual aura. It is
wrapped with curved horizontal ribs from the top of the skull to the bottom of the nose...
<a target=_blank href="http://shop.africanstyles.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&amp;DID=37&amp;ObjectGroup_ID=5&amp;CatID=6">Read
on</a>

Decorating
If your home has dark varnish trim, dark window frames, and wood floors this mask is a perfect
fit... <a target=_blank href="http://shop.africanstyles.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&amp;DID=37&amp;ObjectGroup_ID=5&amp;CatID=6">Read
on</a>

See what we have to offer you.
Unlike many of our competitors, you can return any item for any reason up to 30 days after
your purchase. Additionally, you don't have to worry about "slight variations in size and
color" that many other African art sites caution. Each piece is photographed and listed individually
on the site. Come see what we have to offer you. www.africanstyles.com