www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject RE: config/8107: Apache keeping files open to long
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/8107; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Tom Grindrod <tom@omg.org>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: RE: config/8107: Apache keeping files open to long
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

 On 30 Jul 2001 slive@apache.org wrote:

 > The following reply was made to PR config/8107; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: <slive@apache.org>
 > To: Tom Grindrod <tom@omg.org>
 > Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
 > Subject: RE: config/8107: Apache keeping files open to long
 > Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:17:21 -0700 (PDT)
 >
 >  As I mentioned, the next step is to upgrade to the latest
 >  version of Apache 1.3.
 >
 >  I hate to pass the buck, but I suspect this problem is
 >  caused by a third-party module, since we know that
 >  Apache doesn't leak descriptors in general.  It appears
 >  that you are using an SSL module which is one place
 >  to look.

 I definitely agree with this... it is very unlikely that it is
 Apache itself causing this problem, since someone else would be
 seeing it if it were.  You may want to run lsof on some of the httpd
 processes to get a better idea of exactly what these sockets are,
 which can help you figure out what is the real cause.