www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Antonio D'souza <q...@quikbox.ca>
Subject general/8033: Servers that are supposed to gracefully restart when I run 'apachectl graceful' do not.
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:29:32 GMT

>Number:         8033
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Servers that are supposed to gracefully restart when I run 'apachectl
graceful' do not.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
They just sit around in a state of 'G' and eventually I run out of free servers and the webserver
becomes unresponsive.
>How-To-Repeat:
well, if you goto my website (quikbox.ca) and bring up the status page, then visit a whole
lot of pages in quick succession, the webserver tends to go down and the status page (or any
other page for that matter) can not be called up any longer.
>Fix:
I have been experimenting with increasing my number of free servers and reducing the timeouts
but it hasn't gotten to a useable level yet.