www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Timor Hatamy <hata...@aol.com>
Subject general/8030: Creating "NameVirtualHost" fails
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:38:21 GMT

>Number:         8030
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Creating  "NameVirtualHost" fails
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have tested all possibilities to configure a Virtual Host and
these are the outputs from the err.log file:

[Warn] NameVirtualHost server:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
[error] Cannot resolve host name server --- ignoring!
>How-To-Repeat:
just uncomment the last lines in the file httpd.conf
>Fix:
Yes I have! Because the config-files are not clear and hard to adjust, you get a lot of bug
reports which actually could be solved by the means of a small utility to configure the server.
This would please many users and from the other hand would reduce the amount of bug reports
dramatically which eventually will reduce lots of headaches from you.