www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Colin Leroy <colin.le...@free.fr>
Subject os-linux/8029: Slow serving of images and binary files, sometimes hanging
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:45:06 GMT

>Number:         8029
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       Slow serving of images and binary files, sometimes hanging
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Apache works fine on .html, .php3 files, and, in a more general manner, every kind of text
file.
But binary files (.jpg, .gif, .tgz, .zip, .....) are sent very, very slowly to the client
(about 1/2kB per second), and sometimes even never finish to be sent (until client's timeout,
nothing appears).
Error-log doesn't say anything, access-log says apache served the file, and nothing "moves"
on the server (load average staying at 0.00).
>How-To-Repeat:
Sorry, I have no permanent internet connection, the machine is only locally available...