www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Dave_Melling" <Dave_Mell...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: general/8014: mod_rewrite translation doesn't work for html page references
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:20:08 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/8014; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dave_Melling" <Dave_Melling@hotmail.com>
To: <marc@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: general/8014: mod_rewrite translation doesn't work for html page references
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:15:08 +0200

 Hi Marc,

 Thanks for the information but now I'm really confused.  From your response
 I gather the following happens:

 1)  My browser requests a document.
 2)  The server remaps the URL.
 3)  The server returns the document.
 4)  My browser parses the document and comes across a reference to an image
 which it requests.
 5)  This time the server does not remap the URL so the image is not
 returned.

 The URL request format is the same in both cases.  From your mail it sounds
 like they are separate requests from the browser so why does the first work
 and the second fail?

 I have been looking on the web for information on browser/server
 communication and more specific details about their internal workings but
 haven't found anything yet.  If you know of any references I would happy if
 you could forward them so I can work out what's going on.

 Cheers,

 Dave