www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ben Uretsky <...@likewhoa.com>
Subject os-freebsd/8010: Broken Images due to Apache skipping files
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:43:51 GMT

>Number:         8010
>Category:       os-freebsd
>Synopsis:       Broken Images due to Apache skipping files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When the server starts to do about 30Megabits outbound HTTP traffic, we begin to see broken
images on the pages that get served. I looked at my access logs and it literally does not
serve that file. There is no 404 or any other type of error in the error log. The server is
doing about 300requests/sec 600 active processes, 200 idle. kern.ipc.maxsockets kern.ipc.nmbufs/clusters
are not maxing out. The system is able to handle the traffic but apache skips the file. If
keepalives are enabled then it serves all the files but the load average jumps from 6 ->
50 or even 100+ at times.
>How-To-Repeat:
Serve about 300requests/sec
>Fix:
Keepalives seem to help but are not the best way to alleviate this problem. I am trying to
find out why apache would not even send the file out.