www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/8008: Can't have a directory called PHP in htdocs (fwd)
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/8008; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: config/8008: Can't have a directory called PHP in htdocs (fwd)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

 blah blah blah.

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:27:11 +0100
 From: Dave Watkinson <me@dwatkinson.co.uk>
 To: marc@apache.org
 Subject: Re: config/8008: Can't have a directory called PHP in htdocs

 Well the guys at PHP seem to have figured it out with the same info you
 got??? see their answer below - it _is_ ans Apache config problem - and it
 doesn't matter what OS or version you're using - if it supports PHP the
 problem will occur.

 <PHP answer copied below>
 ID: 12048
 Updated by: jeroen
 Reported By: php@dwatkinson.co.uk
 Old Summary: Can't have a subdir called PHP in HTDOCS
 Old Status: Open
 Bug Type: Apache related
 Operating System: Win2000
 PHP Version: 4.0.6
 New Comment:

 apache configuration problem.

 You have aliased the /php subdirectory, that means that you will not be able
 to put files in that real directory.

 The same for /icons, try having a htdocs/icons/ dir, it won't work with the
 default installation...

 This is not a bug, but a apache-configuration issue. There's no problem when
 you use the isapi module, but you can also rename the /php script alias to
 something wierd, like JBSDLJKJVBDS.

 Previous Comments:

 [2001-07-11 09:15:45] php@dwatkinson.co.uk

 A colleague set up a directory within htdocs called PHP which contained
 several html & PHP files.

 We got a 404 Error every time we wanted to access anything within that
 directory, and the Apache error log said that the browser was trying to
 access the file (say test.php) from c:\php\test.php. Turns out it was
 because the directory was called PHP. I renamed it and all was fine.

 I guess it's a mix-up with the ScriptAlias in httpd.conf? Not sure if it's
 an Apache or a PHP problem, so I thought I'd let you both know!

 Didn't find anything on this online anywhere either.

 Cheers!

 Dave

 ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
 To reply, use the web interface found at
 http://bugs.php.net/?id=12048&edit=1

 <end of PHP copied answer>